We are thrilled to have become a chapter member of the National Junior Honor Society. Membership in the NJHS is one of the highest honors awarded to a middle school student. Our chapter strives to give practical meaning to the Society's standards of scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship. These five pillars are the basis of selection.
Membership is more than an honor. It is an ongoing responsibility and an obligation to continue to demonstrate these outstanding qualities that result in a student's selection.
Students in grade seven will be informed of their eligibility for membership after the first semester. Students who achieve a cumulative weighted grade point average of 90 or higher are informed of their eligibility for membership. Those eligible students must decide to pursue membership by submitting all components of the application process. Only those students who complete all components of the application process by the designated due dates will be considered for membership.
Class of 2025 Due Dates:
Items are due by these dates; however, students are encouraged to submit them earlier. All items are submitted directly to Mr. St. Sauveur or Mrs. Smith-White.
- Notification of Eligibility to Apply February ??, 2020
- Intent to Pursue Form February ??, 2020
- Teacher Reference Checklist February ??, 2020
- Personal Narrative March ??, 2020
- Leadership Evidence April ??, 2020
- Student Activities April ??, 2020
- Community Service April ??, 2020
- Notification of Acceptance Into NJHS No later than May 13, 2020
- Induction Ceremony Wednesday, May 27, 2020 from 6:30-8:00pm; Inductees arrive for 6:00pm